Did you get this message about an unexpected configuration problem in your system? Many Windows users have complained about getting a message saying “Your printer has experienced an unexpected configuration problem”. Moreover, this error comes along with codes like 0x80070002, 0x80040154 as your printer stops working. If you are experiencing this error, then don’t worry it is not as hard to fix. You just have to follow this simple guideline and your printer will start working again.
You Are Experiencing An Unexpected Configuration Problem Because The Printer Entry Is Glitched:
One of the possible reasons behind this error could be a glitched printer entry. You can solve this issue by adding your printer again and check if it has started printing.
You can add your printer again by following these three easy steps.
- Press the ‘R’ Key and Windows Key on your keyboard simultaneously. Then type ms-settings:printers in the search bar and proceed by pressing Enter.
- Click Add printer or scanner and you will see your printer has shown up. Select your printer.
- Now you are done with re-installing your printer. You can give your printing command to check if your printer has started working.
In most cases, this fix will work, but if your printer still shows error you can try another method to fix it.
Is Your Driver Outdated? It Probably Is.
Many users who experienced this error have said they were able to fix this problem by simply updating the printer driver. To update your printer driver you have to follow these simple steps:
- By pressing R + Windows Key open Run dialog box and type devmgmt.msc in the search box and open up a dialogue box by pressing Enter.
- Scroll down through Device Manager and look through the list of devices. You must expand the list to find drop-down menu Printers (Print queues).
- Select your printer and select update the driver by right click.
- In the next screen, allow Windows to update your driver by clicking on Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Once a new driver has been installed, you must restart your computer before sending the printing command.
Now, your printer will start working again once you follow these simple steps for updating the driver. But if you are still facing this error, we have got another way to fix it.
You May Also Like: How To Make Smooth Stone In Minesweeper?
Take Advantage Of Windows Troubleshooter:
Windows Troubleshooter is like a one-stop-shop for most of the PC issues you might face. You can use Windows Troubleshooter to fix this configuration error as well. Follow these few easy steps and solve your printing error.
- Open Windows Troubleshooter and search for Troubleshoot settings and select it from the top left corner.
- Scroll down to find Get up and running option. From this option, right-click on the Printer section and Run the Troubleshooter.
- Windows will search through your computer to diagnose the main problem. Follow the instructions which pop at your screen. (Instructions will vary for different issues i.e. if Windows detect any hardware issue it will give different instructions as compared to any software or settings issue)
Hopefully, this step will fix your printing issues. However, you can also Start Printing Spooler in case of further disturbance.